Mechanical Test Engineer
Would you like to work on exciting projects? Do you enjoy new challenges? Do you want to be part of a multicultural and motivated team full of passion and team spirit?
Then LSS is the right place for you!
We are pioneering the Large Deployable Antenna Technology development in Europe aiming European and worldwide markets. As a motivated Test Engineer, you will play a key role in test development, test planning and documentation, test execution and troubleshooting with a heavy emphasis on structural testing
- Test engineering tasks for deployable structures, components and materials from start to finish.
- Planning, optimization, setup preparation and supervision of thermal and mechanical tests, such as modal and vibration test, thermal vacuum and thermal balance tests of deployable structures, breadboards and components.
- Define, plan, optimize, set up and monitor qualification and verification test campaigns for space parts, components, and assemblies.
- Preparation and review of procedures, specifications, predictions and qualification and test reports, based on client needs and requirements.
- Analise and identify test hardware and equipment required to perform the different tests.
- Manage suppliers to design and fabricate test equipment/GSE where needed.
- Assist the project manager and systems engineers in the testing-related tasks and schedule control of the specialists in the project team.
- Organize and lead internal technical reviews.
- Act as a point of contact for external test facilities.
- Managing the relationship with the customer and relevant stakeholders
- Troubleshoot anomalies on the go and provide solutions during non-conformance scenarios.
- 5+ years’ working experience covering multiple engineering disciplines and including applied systems engineering tasks.
- Ideally have a demonstrable testing experience of space structures.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, or similar qualification.
- Demonstrably capable of judiciously deploying ESA/ECSS standards and best practices systems engineering.
- Leading, supervising and mentoring skills.
- Skilled in the use of IT tools, including spreadsheets, word processing, project planning and scheduling software.
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving skills,
- Excellent communications skills, team building and strong work ethic.
- Flexible, dedicated, trustworthy.
- A can-do, pragmatic attitude and reliable results.
- Flexible working hours with a core time
- A relaxed working environment with a flat hierarchy combined with a motivated and open team
- Casual dress code
- Scope for individual development and growth in a growing multicultural team of discipline experts
- A challenging, fast-paced position at the forefront of space technology
- The opportunity to work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects.