Material and Process Engineer
Material and Process Engineer
Would you like to work on one of the most exciting projects for space (Conical Imaging Microwave Radiometer for Copernicus Mission) and contribute to the manufacture of flying space hardware? Are you excited by new challenges? Do you want to be part of a multicultural and motivated team full of passion and team spirit?
Then LSS is the right place for you!
We are pioneering the development of large/small deployable antenna reflector technologies in Europe, targeting European and global markets. We’re seeking a passionate and skilled Material and Process Engineer to join our esteemed team dedicated to pushing the boundaries of space technology.
As a motivated Material and Process Engineer at LSS, you’ll play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge materials and manufacturing processes critical to the success of space missions. Join us on this exhilarating journey, where your ideas and expertise will shape the materials and processes that will define the future of space exploration. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of scientific advancement and redefine what’s possible in space, we invite you to apply and become an integral part of our mission-driven team.
- Collaborate with appropriate production and process staff to understand the material specifications sought for a particular application or product.
- Identify, select, and recommend materials based on weight, strength, operational temperature range, environment, lifetime, cost, and durability requirements.
- Define and lead material, its surface treatment and process qualification campaigns according to ECSS standards.
- Participate and lead Material and Process review boards with customers and suppliers.
- Characterize performance of various materials in accordance with specifications.
- Observe or participate in material and product testing process as appropriate.
- When a material fails, gather data and analyze the reasons why the material did not meet specifications.
- Report testing results to material producer; identify when applicable the reasons the selected material did or did not fulfill desired specifications
- Collaborate with process engineers as part of a development and fabrication team to create a new material when none of the suggested materials meet specifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Materials Science; Master’s degree desirable.
- At least five years of experience using plastic, composite and metallic materials either as materials engineer or a process engineer in the space/aerospace industry.
- Experience in writing manufacturing processes, testing procedures and respective reports for space projects
- Knowledge of ECSS material and process standards.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. German is beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to fully understand customers’ requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a development team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and software used in product testing and documentation.
- Flexible working hours with a core time
- A relaxed working environment with a flat hierarchy combined with a motivated and open team
- Casual dress code
- Scope for individual development and growth in a growing multicultural team of discipline experts
- A challenging, fast-paced position at the forefront of space technology
- The opportunity to work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects.