Would you like to work on one of the most exciting projects for space (Conical Imaging Microwave Radiometer for Copernicus Mission) and contribute to the manufacture of flying space hardware? Are you excited by new challenges? Do you want to be part of a multicultural and motivated team full of passion and team spirit?
Then LSS is the right place for you!
We are pioneering the development of large deployable antenna technology in Europe, targeting European and global markets.
As a motivated Design Engineer (m/w/d) at LSS you will work in a position which includes all technical engineering functions specific to a project, but largely CAD focused with aspects of certain projects heavily involved in the assembly and integration activities and you will have the unique opportunity to join our diverse and motivated team to deliver valuable work in the space industry together with us.
In your new role you will…
- Propose innovative solutions to help improve existing designs and influence new product design via sound, succinct, data-driven analysis results.
- Create 3D CAD models, detailed part and assembly drawings, and parts lists using Solid Works.
- Provide technical insight on assigned projects and act to meet the technical and schedule objectives.
- Strive to improve all aspects of the Design team working environment and increase inter- and intra-team relationships by supporting the project Lead Design Engineer.
- Prepare detailed technical reports/presentations and take active part in internal and external design discussions and reviews.
- Create detailed BOM tables and work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to define procurement requirements and ensure delivery of all components as per the project schedule.
- Take complete ownership of the designs and interact with project partners (internal and external) to optimize the designs and interfaces.
- Coordinate with the Analysis team and provide the needed inputs to facilitate validation of the designs through FEA.
- Liaise with MAIT team and provide detailed work instructions and inputs to manufacturing and assembly procedures.
- Be responsible for handling and management of incoming and outgoing design documentation with proper configuration control using Solid Works PDM.
You will succeed in this role because you…
- Have a degree (FH/Univ.) in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, or similar qualification.
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in a design engineering role in a professional engineering environment in European space (or aerospace) projects.
- Have excellent English skills (oral and written), German is beneficial but not necessary.
- Are eligible to work in EU without restriction.
- Are able to learn quickly and use initiative to quickly understand highly complex designs.
- Are able to work to tight deadlines and manage one’s own time and the demanding expectations of the projects.
- Have experience in mechanical design of structures including composite materials (preferably within SolidWorks) as well as in the design of metal and CFRP components.
- Experience in design of space systems like Deployable Structures, Hold Down and Release Mechanisms, etc. is highly desirable.
- Have analytical and solution-oriented working style combined with ability to work in a team and excellent communication skills to interface with partners.
- Have a strong understanding of technical drawing and DIN standards.
- Have excellent technical reporting skills.
- Are able to quickly identify areas of further design optimization and to influence design changes with innovative ideas and solutions.
- Strong knowledge of metal manufacturing processes and the design-for-manufacture concept.
Familiarity with space projects and with ESA and ECSS standards are highly desirable.
- Flexible working hours with a core time
- A relaxed working environment with a flat hierarchy combined with a motivated and open team
- Casual dress code
- Coffee, milk and fruits are provided
- Scope for individual development and growth in a growing multicultural team of discipline experts
- A challenging, fast-paced position at the forefront of space technology
- The opportunity to work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects.
Note: If you are unable to submit the application, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.